Discover Wholesale Trade waste handlers (NAICS Code 42) as reported to the United States EPA. Whether they are generators, transporters, transfer facilities, recyclers or TSDF locations, click on each listing below for details and contact information.
The wholesaling process is an intermediate step in the distribution of merchandise. Wholesalers are organized to sell or arrange the purchase or sale of (a) goods for resale (i.e., goods sold to other wholesalers or retailers), (b) capital or durable nonconsumer goods, and (c) raw and intermediate materials and supplies used in production.
Wholesalers sell merchandise to other businesses and normally operate from a warehouse or office. These warehouses and offices are characterized by having little or no display of merchandise. In addition, neither the design nor the location of the premises is intended to solicit walk-in traffic. Wholesalers do not normally use advertising directed to the general public. Customers are generally reached initially via telephone, in-person marketing, or by specialized advertising that may include Internet and other electronic means. Follow-up orders are either vendor-initiated or client-initiated, generally based on previous sales, and typically exhibit strong ties between sellers and buyers. In fact, transactions are often conducted between wholesalers and clients that have long-standing business relationships.
This sector comprises two main types of wholesalers: merchant wholesalers that sell goods on their own account and business-to-business electronic markets, agents, and brokers that arrange sales and purchases for others generally for a commission or fee.
(1) Establishments that sell goods on their own account are known as wholesale merchants, distributors, jobbers, drop shippers, and import/export merchants. Also included as wholesale merchants are sales offices and sales branches (but not retail stores) maintained by manufacturing, refining, or mining enterprises apart from their plants or mines for the purpose of marketing their products and group purchasing organizations (e.g., purchasing and selling goods on their own account). Merchant wholesale establishments typically maintain their own warehouse, where they receive and handle goods for their customers. Goods are generally sold without transformation, but may include integral functions, such as sorting, packaging, labeling, and other marketing services.
(2) Establishments arranging for the purchase or sale of goods owned by others or purchasing goods, generally on a commission basis are known as business-to-business electronic markets, agents and brokers, commission merchants, import/export agents and brokers, auction companies, group purchasing organizations (e.g., purchasing or arranging for the purchases of goods owned by others), and manufacturers' representatives. These establishments operate from offices and generally do not own or handle the goods they sell.
Some wholesale establishments may be connected with a single manufacturer and promote and sell the particular manufacturer’s products to a wide range of other wholesalers or retailers. Other wholesalers may be connected to a retail chain, or limited number of retail chains, and only provide a variety of products needed by that particular retail operation(s). These wholesalers may obtain the products from a wide range of manufacturers. Still other wholesalers may not take title to the goods, but act as agents and brokers for a commission.
Although, in general, wholesaling normally denotes sales in large volumes, durable nonconsumer goods may be sold in single units. Sales of capital or durable nonconsumer goods used in the production of goods and services, such as farm machinery, medium- and heavy-duty trucks, and industrial machinery, are always included in wholesale trade.
NAICS Code 42–Wholesale Trade sub-categories:
- 423–Merchant Wholesalers, Durable Goods
- 424–Merchant Wholesalers, Nondurable Goods
- 425–Wholesale Electronic Markets and Agents and Brokers
Handlers of Wholesale Trade Waste
A&S METAL RECYCLING
1960 Mateo St
Los Angeles, CA 90021
AA PROMOTIVE DBA AA PROMOTIVE
15346 Valley Blvd
Fontana, CA 92335
ABSOLUTE MACHINERY CORP
92 Gardner St
Worcester, MA 01610
ACCURATE MARINE ENVIRONMENTAL, INC.
3965 Burtons Point Rd
Portsmouth, VA 23704
6440 Dale St
Buena Park, CA 90621
AERC ACQUISITION CORPORATION: DBA AERC RECYCLING SOLUTIONS A CLEAN EARTH CO.
3301 Rosedale Ave
Richmond, VA 23230
AIR PRODUCTS & CHEMICALS INC
4575 Highway 90
Milton, FL 32571
AKRON CANTON WASTE OIL COMPANY INC
1701 Sherrick Rd SE
Canton, OH 44707
2500 N Coyote Dr
Tucson, AZ 85745
Garberville, CA 95542
Interested in the full list of waste handlers? Try our
Waste Handler Search.